Monday 31 March 2014

Radio Ka Sardar ...

Are your investments in place ? Have you sorted it all with Mr C.A ? Since you are planning to plough money into property, you must have been thinking of  applying for a home loan as well…

A wise man once said and I quote “Failing to plan is planning to fail..”

For once, I am on the same page as this wise man but what happens when all plans go kaput.. What if you decide to go on a picnic, on a fine Sunday morning and there is something unexpected in store for you… This is the last time that you hurriedly declared a ‘bye bye’ at home and rushed out with your biker friends. You didn’t bother to hug or say ‘I love you’ to your pretty wife, your children were fast asleep unaware of what’s awaiting them…. And you…You didn’t return..

My friend didn’t return home..

It was an accident that has shaken everyone who knew him, didn’t know him, may be had just seen or heard him.. I am reminded of the first time I met him at MICA, his unrehearsed spontaneous one liners, his creative stunts on radio, binging on the delectable and inviting lunch his adorable wife lovingly packed for him and apologizing later for the shameful act, his full throated laughter, his two charming kids and his composed demeanour. With hands forever ready to help, witty remarks fastened onto the lips and a heart that only knew how to spread joy… you will be deeply missed my friend !

Seeing you today, where I did, I realized that life is unpredictable indeed ! We must think ahead and plan. Infact, plan well.. However, there is an expiry date and strangely, we haven’t been told about this day, date and time.

Death is certain. Hence, all the more important is what do we do with this life and how do we live.. and you, my friend… You lived well…

Thank you for the person that you are.. you ‘ARE’ eternally alive in my heart..


R.I.P Abhay !

4 comments:

  1. This is shocking. I've been away from radio since a fortnight and had never ever thought that I'd never get to hear him again. I soo loved listening to him while working :/

    A shocking and an even sadder day for all of us.

    May his soul rest in peace and may his family get the strength to bear the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We take everything for granted.....we keep on fighting on pity things without thinking that any moment any second we can die n everything on which we r fighting will be left behind. We will turn into ashes n thats the only truth.....bt still we r so full of ourselves that i dnt want to accept the truth. Abhay's death has taught me to live,forget and forgive. Coz if we will take life for granted life will take us for granted. Miss u my frnd bt dont worry we will meet u the other side fir party karenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. We take everything for granted.....we keep on fighting on pity things without thinking that any moment any second we can die n everything on which we r fighting will be left behind. We will turn into ashes n thats the only truth.....bt still we r so full of ourselves that i dnt want to accept the truth. Abhay's death has taught me to live,forget and forgive. Coz if we will take life for granted life will take us for granted. Miss u my frnd bt dont worry we will meet u the other side fir party karenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well-said Neeta...he was the sunshine in our lil RadioOne world...he will be missed!

    ReplyDelete