Wednesday 28 August 2013

Thodi parking space dedo.. :D

My housing society is a crowded place… cramped with cars. The task of finding a teeny weeny parking space for my battered Swift is an arduous one indeed ! Every evening is a battle. If you are in the society premises by 8pm, your success rate will be good and you will manage to find some space for your dream machine. The verbal bombings begin post 8pm.

Today is a good day. My car is comfortably rested and on my morning stroll, I happened to strike up an interesting conversation with Surender, the famished guard at the apartment gate.

“Raat ko soye nahin kya ap?” He looked groggy and tired.

“Kahan madam, teen baje tak to gaadiyaan atee hain…Kaise soyein ?”

.. and then Surender unfolded the truth and began divulging all the secrets. Never before did I realise that I am the inhabitant of a prosperous society with filthy rich neighbours. I was overflowing with joy and pride when I was told..

“President sahib ki madam paanch gaadiyaan hain.. ghar mein teen log hain..”

Also, flat no 42 is occupied by a young couple and their charming 8 year old daughter. The family owns three cars. The little one often poses for pictures when seated on the driving seat but as a law abiding citizen of the country, she has refrained from driving. The third car (Honda Civic)  is driven by Mangal, the efficient driver who drives ‘bitiya’ to school and back and that’s it ! Adieu, civic sense !

Post this conversation, with abundant joy I have been sending heartfelt prayers for my prosperous neighbours to become wealthier by the day, acquire many more cars and buy an independent property with enough parking space to accommodate all of them ! My ‘poor’ Swift has been injured, wounded, bruised and blemished in the parking area of the apartment, more than on the streets of Delhi NCR.

Note – Thank God for small mercies ! None of my neighbours is an online friend.. Buahahaha !


5 comments:

  1. I know now why rupee is fallin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. parking space is matter of much debate.. Specially when your neighbours have more than 2 vehicles.. I was glad that our society had a different parking space for each one allotted . But problems started arising when thy started having more than one car.. Though the society has passed a rule not to park more than one car inside and discard unused two wheelers, no one ever listens.. Everything is still going on haphazardly.. Reading your post I wish there were some parking rules like driving rules..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!!, I didn't know Delhi has not monetized the parking spaces yet inside apartment complexes. Here in Aamchi Mumbai I don't think you can get free parking spaces in any of the complexes. Although it would solve the aforementioned problem but will make a huge dent in your wallet. I've heard ridiculous amounts such as 10 lacs for a single 4 wheeler parking space.

      Sorry not trying to give any ideas to Dilli Soceity walas ;)

      Delete
    2. Yes Priya.. I agree with you.. Rules are needed to discipline hooligans.. hehe.. Kshitij, I think that works.. jab paise jeb se jayenge, to akal thikane aayegi ;)

      Delete