Saturday 31 August 2013

The cell phone addiction :)



So, my phone conked off today. I was out for work, wasn’t carrying the charger along, a few important calls were expected, I was in a dilemma and while at work I kept looking around and asking everybody for a charger.. Nobody had the one I needed. This has also happened to you and I am not asking you. I am certain about it.. Once back home, the first task to do was locate the goddamn charger and plug in the phone, switch it on to find 101 messages on WhatsApp and 8 missed calls. I love it when friends create random groups and add me to them.  It is very thoughtful of them to have remembered me and to continue the process of remembering me through the day (this explains the 101 messages)

But, there are two sides to a coin. How did our parents and grandparents and their parents etc  manage without the cell phone ? Looks nearly impossible to survive solely on a big black immobile instrument lying dormant in a corner of the drawing hall. Mobile phones, on the other hand hand have brought the world closer. Its so much simpler now to keep tabs on anyone you would like to. The ‘Last seen today at am/pm’ feature of Whats App is absolutely incredible ! I met a lady this morning who has deactivated WhatsApp owing to the brawl that this feature led her to.

We like to crib and because the determination to do so is relatively intense, we do find the reasons as well. 

Pros and cons define everything in life. I would like to look at the brighter side of life ! Happy to be born in the age of cellphones, iphones, ipads, tablets..et all…  Want to add me to groups on WhatsApp ? Bring it on..  But please forgive me , if I mute the group ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment