Tuesday 20 January 2015

Payment due date is approaching for..

I need to clear many bills.. Phone bill, electricity bill, Wi fi, there is also a letter from Indraprastha Gas Limited, another one from MTNL and of course the annual premium for the Kotak insurance and the date for LIC premium is fast approaching as well.

I am sure we are sailing in the same boat and this boat is preordained to drown, if we don’t make the payments on time.

Is your inbox also pounded with the reminder mails. Well, I receive a reminder mail for each of the items mentioned above. Such communication continues to infiltrate my inbox , days after the due date and it carries a certain message , on the lines ‘Please ignore, if already paid..’

Invariably, I cant ignore such reminders. I miss out on making one or the other payment timely and by the time, wisdom dawns upon my encephalon, I am charged a penalty.

Till date, I have never gazed at a bill and roared with gratitude. In the so many years of my existence on this blue planet,every bill has been looked at with contempt and suspicion, with razor sharp eyes trying to locate any discrepancy, or creating one where none exists.

Do you jump with joy when you receive the ‘bills’ of the world ? I am still to encounter that ‘joyful’ entity. Hence, in case you are overloaded with wealth, fixed assets, liquid assets, stipends, emoluments.. let me abscond with some of it.
That is because my new year’s determination is to protect my piggy bank from thullas and penalties ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment