Saturday 24 August 2013

I love 'freebies' !!

We are a festive nation. The Hindu calendar suggests that 2013 alone has 31 festivals. Most of these have already been celebrated with great verve and enthusiasm.

Bhai Dooj and Rakshabandhan , particularly, are a favourite. These are pocket friendly festivals (only for the fairer sex) and we look forward to them anxiously each year.

Freebies are exciting. Go to a mall, spend your hard earned money buying all the items you need.. Of course, you feel joyful but what adds to the joy is a freebie that is tagged along with one of the purchased items. The sports shoes I had purchased with a voucher gifted to me at work (yes, miracles happen !) is still the closest to my heart. The jute bag that bravely shoulders all the nonsensical stuff that has been stuffed into it was gifted by a generous relative. There is a hole in the bottom right corner of the bag but I will wait till the next one comes along.

The Nokia E5 is working absolutely fine and the WhatsApp is functional too. My brother is a kind hearted man. Not to forget, the red hued cover that warmly embraces and protects my handset. This was gifted by an ex-colleague. No wonder, we are friends till date !

Every freebie has a story behind it. You could forget where, when and how you purchased something but you will never forget when, how or with what did you manage to win the freebie !


Note – Bhai Dooj is on the 5th of Nov, 2013 (Tuesday)

7 comments:

  1. He he.. Cute post.. Who doesn't love freebies..? Especially when they make our lives easy and when gifted by someone special..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya.. hehe.. I share the same sentiment :)

      Delete
  2. Lol, Neeta Iyer strikes again. I could check in often here to get a good dose of laughter :D
    But here's the thing about gifts or freebies, it is so much more gratifying to give than to receive. Although the giver wouldn't get the ultimate satisfaction if the receiver didn't love it the way it is described here. Aur aapne to blog likh daala is par, can't help but wonder how the giver(s) would be feeling about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kshitij.. No wonder, to begin with my brother has liked the post.. Im sure he is motivated enough to make me feel even better this year.. The gifts are pending for 2013, you know :)

      Delete
    2. Lol!!! You are certainly gonna make your bro very happy. What is this I hear that the new iPhone '5S' coming in the market around October. I'm not an expert in these matters but something tells me the stars are aligning themselves to make it happen just in time for the occasion.

      Delete
    3. Hhahaha.. you are giving me ideas.. grateful :)Now the stars better move their asses.. hehe

      Delete