Friday 1 March 2013

So.. It's 'Exam Time' !


 'No dear, Maths it is and not English’

My world was shattered. I had dreamt of seizing the moment and doing my parents proud. After all, can you mess with ‘the boards’ ? My entire future was at stake and how could I be careless enough to not recheck the examination schedule ..

Just then, the door bell rang and I woke up in a cold sweat. 
Boards are done with, the nature of exams including the subjects completely differ now. Our exams are certainly less horrendous than the ones many teenagers are facing, the first battle having been fought today.

Infact this morning, I happened to visit a nervous 12th grader who was trying to fill her ‘Encephalon’ to the hilt , refusing to relish the ‘pao bhaji’ that her father was forcefully feeding into her mouth. The mother looked sombre as she stood in a corner with a bowl of curd and sugar. The grandmother continued sharing words of wisdom as she tried her best to comfort the hassled teenager.

‘I don’t know anything..’ ‘I don’t remember anything’ ‘I am nervouuuusssss’ ‘Nahin aata kuch’ ‘I am sooooo dead’.. This bundle of nervous energy had unnerved the ‘khandaan’ and to feel a shade better, the entire family offered their prayers together. This is the ‘family exam’ , so what if there is only one representative walking into the ‘action room’ with the hall ticket.

I was reminded of my horror days as I walked out of the action packed house. Good luck to all the teenyboppers !

But, to tell you the truth…I did heave a sigh of relief.  Small joys of life J

2 comments: